What are the benefits of a Reiki-Karuna treatment?
- Reiki raises energy on every level – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
- Reiki reduces stress, relaxes the body and promotes health.
- Reiki can help to ease pain, speed wound healing and relieve stress related problems.
- Reiki will always leave you with a feeling of calm and well-being.
- Reiki encourages and supports personal change, whether improving diet, stopping smoking or responding more calmly to events.
- Reiki can safely be used to benefit everyone regardless of their age, from newborn to the elderly.
- Reiki can be used without fear of any side effects.
- Reiki can be used with other therapies or conventional medicine as it acts in a complementary way.
What happens during a Reiki treatment?
Lorena, your Reiki therapist, will spend time discussing why you have sought a Reiki treatment. Then you will be asked to read and fill out an information form asking for contact details and a brief medical history. You will remain fully clothed, only removing your shoes and glasses (if you wear them). You will be lying on a couch or sitting comfortably in a quiet, peaceful environment. Gentle treatment is given by Lorena placing her hands on the head or body or holding them over the body. Your system will take as much Reiki energy as it needs, using it in whatever way it deems most appropriate at the time.
How often do I need to have a Reiki treatment?
Although a single Reiki treatment can make a difference, it is usually more effective to have a course of regular sessions. These can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on your needs. A treatment plan will be discussed with you and reviewed regularly. It will be subject to your own preferences and can be changed according to the progress made.
Should I expect any side-effects from Reiki?
It’s really difficult to predict how you may react. The main thing to remember is that Reiki can only enhance your wellbeing. Reiki sessions are different for everyone. During a treatment with Lorena you may feel warmth, gentle tingling, coolness, be aware of colours or nothing at all other than a deep sense of relaxation.
Some clients start to feel better immediately after a treatment, others take 24 to 48 hours to feel any different and sometimes your symptoms may get worse before they start to get better.
Is there any problem with undertaking Reiki treatment when I’m on prescribed medication?
Reiki can work perfectly safely alongside other therapies and prescription medication. Your therapist will be able to offer more advice on this during your consultation. However, if in any doubt, consult your GP before undertaking treatment. There are many benefits to Reiki but please note it is not a substitute for medical care.